I was recently speaking to my Aunt and I was giving her information about making easy money without going to work. I know everyone is looking up how to make money at home, and while these things help they do not make a paycheck just help. SO without further delay.
My new favorite app.
Checkout 51- This is an app for your phone. Each week they have certain coupons and if you but them you just need to bring up with app, check the ones your bought and upload your receipt. When your account reaches 20 dollars you get a check in the mail. I only buy the ones that are on my list to begin with so that I am not spending more than I planned to.
Amazon Mechanical Turk- Amazon has a place where you can go online and work. The jobs range from free to 90.00 (Highest i have seen). You go on and do the jobs you want to do. My goal is 10.00 a day to make 300 a month for extra income. You have an account that builds up money and as soon as your 10 days waiting time is up you can withdraw that money and transfer it into your checking account.
Swagbucks- This is a website where you can shop, watch, answer surveys, do small tasks and play games and as you do these things you earn points. The more points you have the more you can get with those points. Because I have a pay pal account I plan to exchange my points for a 25 dollar pay pal card. You deposit that to your pay pal account and then move it to your checking account. There are other kinds of gift cards on there, check it out.
Just as a bonus I also love goodreads and try to share that knowledge as much as possible, If you love books go onto goodreads. This site has every book I have ever heard of I can keep track of what book I am reading, how far I am into the book and review it when I am done. If that isn’t enough there are also giveaways! Yep that’s right ladies and gent’s they give away books. Now i probably entered 1000 giveaways last year and most of those I lost but I won 40! That’s 40 books I did not have to buy and all they ask is that you review the book when you are done. Sometimes you will also get a book that the Author signed or wrote you a special little note. I have ten of these. If the author really likes your review they will put you on the waiting list for their next one and guess what…yep you get that book for free also. LOVE LOVE LOVE his site.
Online book club.org- This site if you are a book lover (eventually) will pay you for reviewing books. The main thing with this one is you have to build your profile up. When you sign up you have a 3 day waiting period before you can make your profile, during this time you can contribute to the blog and forum so that you are earning credit. After a week of waiting after you have joined the group that reviews the book you will start being able to choose the books that you want to review. I am still in this waiting period….the more you contribute the forum though the faster your supposed to be able to review books….I might need an update on this one 🙂
As always ENJOY 🙂
This is another blog about saving money. There are so many things we do throughout our day that we think we have to do and when you find out you don’t it is a huge surprise! So here are little things that I have picked up on in the last 8 years after having kids. I wish these things would have hit me earlier… Here goes.
1. Do you hate leftovers? Every week trying to eat what you have left over from those amazing dinners? First DUH moment right here…”have you ever tried freezing them” someone smarter than me said once. As I stood there with a look of shock and ahhhh it was obvious i didn’t realize you could freeze these things instead of trying to eat them night after night and hating each meal more. So what do we do now? That’s the big question right. Now if there is enough of something for another entire meal into the freezer it goes. Lasagna is a good one for this, there is always so much left over and I swear it is always half of what I made. So now I use two 9×9 instead of a 9×13 and one goes into the freezer after I cook it and let it cool. Other things are not so easy but if there is enough for another meal put it in the freezer….it wont sit in your fridge and go bad. You just have to eat it before freezer burn catches it. 🙂
2. How did I just realize that mayonnaise was so easy to make. It took me less that 5 minutes to make it and I spend at least 4 dollars a month on one jar. Whats worse is that all of the ingredients are just sitting in my pantry just begging to be turned into SOMETHING. Was there a class on this in High school and I missed it that day? I mean where was I during the day they taught people some things a way cheaper to make and are usually better?
3. You can make your own cleaners. Again here I go just throwing money at cleaners when I could make multiple cleaners and soaps with things that are already in my house or way cheap to buy. Is it just because Mr. Clean was so Awesome that we just decided to pay for instead of making it? Guess what Vinegar and oranges do an excellent job. And that horrible stainless steel cleaner that is so greasy….yep you can make one yourself that isn’t greasy. Oh what a sad day this was when I realized so many things at once.
4. I am a fan of this one really. Apps are helpful. I recently learned about checkout 51. This is an app that you download to your phone and it will shown you extra coupons that you can redeem on your phone. You just buy your regular groceries and if any of the items are on your receipt, you scan it with the app and they credit the coupon to your account. When you reach 20 dollars they send you a check! How can you go wrong. They usually have things like milk, eggs, bread, cereal and many other things. It updates every week or so giving you different options.
5. Consignment stores!! I have an excellent consignment store right around the corner from my house. The clothes there are amazing. I can go in and find 8 slim for my daughter for 5 dollars! I can’t even get them at that price at Wal-Mart or Goodwill. I also sell clothes from my girls there and just got my first check from them for 23.00. That money does not go towards groceries or spend money that money goes in the girls savings accounts. Look at that every little bit goes a long way.
I am sure that there are going to be many other DUH moments that I experience through life but it is a little upsetting when you realize you have been wasting money. On my blog you will find some of the recipes i have mentioned above also. So here you go…if you haven’t learned these things congratulations on your new DUH moment 🙂 Enjoy