Well the time has begun where we have squash coming out of the garden like you would not believe. This started with the thought of there has to be something I can do with squash and zucchini because it is coming out of ears. I make zucchini bread and squash bread that i started last year. While I love these recipes i decided that sense I was running out of jelly and I know you can make apple pies and sweet breads from the vegetables you should be able to make jelly so the search began. I searched high and low for recipes for jelly and jam with summer squash and zucchini and I wanted to have the items in my house so that I could try them now and not go out and buy the stuff for them so that I could make them later. Well I finally found a recipe with the yellow squash, 6 cups yellow squash, 1 cup of water (boil 6 minutes) add, 2 tbl lemon, 6 cups sugar, 1 can crushed drained pineapple, (boil 6 minutes) add 2 boxes 3 oz jello (i used cherry) boil another 6 minutes. So easy…well other than shredding the six cups of squash and it was pretty quick. As far as canning them goes you can it just like anything else but if you have not canned i will explain the process. Boil jars for 15 minutes in water make sure it covers the jars completely. Boil the canning lids. After your jars are processed pour the water out of the jars fill with the liquid one at a time, place the processed lids on top and screw the band on the jar just to where it stops without pressure. set aside until you hear the lid pop and then tighten the bands when it cools down. This recipe was amazing, easy and it looks gorgeous, I think this is one of those recipes that you could give as gifts.
Update: I just tried this recipe with Peach Jello and Mandarin oranges with the shredded squash. It is amazing! Don’t be afraid to try different flavors.
A few years ago my mom told me about these amazing chicken tacos that were to die for. First they are made in the crockpot…thats what got my attention 🙂 Second it takes less than 5 minutes to place everything in the crockpot and you are done. These are great, the chicken is juicy and has a lot of flavor. I like to have refried beans and spanish rice with ours so aside from the sides your dinner is done.
take 3 frozen chicken breasts place them in the crockpot and put it on low
1 can of rotel
1 pack of taco seasoning
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
When it is done cooking (6 hoours) shred your chicken with two forks and serve immediately.
We have also done this recipe with pork tenderloin and green enchilada sauce and it was amazing. There you go dinner in less than 5 minutes. It couldn’t get any easier. Serve in tortillas. You can top these with shredded lettuce and cheese but you don’t need much more. As always Enjoy 🙂
I know this isn’t one that most of you will get excited over but I’m telling you this one is good. It is not a dry chunk of meat, it is juicy, has plenty of flavor and my secret topping. 🙂 First the recipe,
2 pounds ground beef
3 tbs minced dehydrated onlons
1 cup progresso bread crumbs
1 cup ketchup
1/8 cup honey
Mix it all together if it looks too wet you can add another 1/8 cup bread crumbs
Bake this at 350 for 30 minutes in a muffin pan…yep thats right dont use the loaf pan it will take longer and get dried out. Also this is great for serving size. Don’t for get to spray your pan with pam or something like it so it doesn’t stick.
Take the muffin pan out of the over after 30 min. mix together 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/8 cup honey. spread some on top of each mini loaf. Turn you oven to Broil and put back in for 5-10 minutes until topping looks bubbly. When you take it out of the muffin pan i have found that a large spoon does the best with out tearing the loaf up.
This is juicy and sweet and people who hate meatloaf will fall in love with it 🙂
Ok so at least 4 times a year I break out in itchy watery bumps that drive me up the wall. We use to put Eucalyptus oil on my daughters excema in order to help it out. So today when I was going crazy not itching I thought what on earth can I use on m y skin to relieve the itch and not claw up my arms. Let me tell you Hydrocortazone does not work Benadryl cream does not work and the steroid cream does not work. And if they do it works for maybe 20 minutes then you cant use anything for 4 hours. SO here is what I did, 1 teaspoon Eucalyptus and a tablespoon of coconut oil. There is a little tingling but other than that Im not wanting to claw my skin off. Here’s hoping you don’t need this but if you do I hope it helps you also. Goodluck and as always Enjoy 🙂
I found the best loaf bread recipe today. It is called County white bread and I found it in my Bread machine book. I have a few problems with my bread machine. I feel like the crust on the bread is always so hard it could break my teeth…so I use the dough cycle and let it rise in the pans from there and cook it in the oven. The problem with this the information is not in the book to cook it this way….oh well here is what I did.
1 2/3 cups water
1 1/2 tbl olive oil
1 1/2 tbl sugar
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tbl instant potato flakes
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
2 tsp salt
3 tsp yeast
pour all of these into your bread machine pan in the order listed and place in your bread machine turning it on to the dough setting.
When your bread machine turns off pull the dough out of the pan it will be sticky so make sure you have flour ready on your hands and the surface you are putting the dough on. You can cut this into two loaves or leave it as one.My girls like smaller sandwiches to take to school so I do two. Spray your glass loaf pans, shape the dough into a smooth loaf and place in the pans. Put in a warm place and let rise 60-90 minutes. From there preheat your oven to 355 and bake 30 minutes turning half way through.
Enjoy, this recipe makes your bread very moist, soft and slightly flaky with a barely there crust.
arrow root powder also called arrowroot flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder.
For years i have tried all kinds of different kinds of foundation, liquid, matte, and dry foundation. While some worked for a while others did not. It seems like it will work and then all of a sudden I break out. So time to try an all natural route. I have been using it for two months and I have not broken out one time! Like always I got my recipe online on pinterest.
There isn’t really a set recipe seeing as how everyone has different skin colors so you will need to play with it. Because I am so light I used 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cinnamon. It works great not only have I not broken out, but as long as I put on my moisturizer my skin does not dry out half way through the day like regular store bought foundation and it smells wonderful. So here it is a nice natural way to wear makeup, not breakout, you control your color, it smells good, and there are no harmful chemicals that are being put on your skin through your makeup. Also if you enjoy liquid foundation over dry you can turn your dry foundation into liquid with olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil….Im not sure how these work with as far as healthy skin considering you put oil into the but have fun.
As always ENJOY 🙂
This is another blog about saving money. There are so many things we do throughout our day that we think we have to do and when you find out you don’t it is a huge surprise! So here are little things that I have picked up on in the last 8 years after having kids. I wish these things would have hit me earlier… Here goes.
1. Do you hate leftovers? Every week trying to eat what you have left over from those amazing dinners? First DUH moment right here…”have you ever tried freezing them” someone smarter than me said once. As I stood there with a look of shock and ahhhh it was obvious i didn’t realize you could freeze these things instead of trying to eat them night after night and hating each meal more. So what do we do now? That’s the big question right. Now if there is enough of something for another entire meal into the freezer it goes. Lasagna is a good one for this, there is always so much left over and I swear it is always half of what I made. So now I use two 9×9 instead of a 9×13 and one goes into the freezer after I cook it and let it cool. Other things are not so easy but if there is enough for another meal put it in the freezer….it wont sit in your fridge and go bad. You just have to eat it before freezer burn catches it. 🙂
2. How did I just realize that mayonnaise was so easy to make. It took me less that 5 minutes to make it and I spend at least 4 dollars a month on one jar. Whats worse is that all of the ingredients are just sitting in my pantry just begging to be turned into SOMETHING. Was there a class on this in High school and I missed it that day? I mean where was I during the day they taught people some things a way cheaper to make and are usually better?
3. You can make your own cleaners. Again here I go just throwing money at cleaners when I could make multiple cleaners and soaps with things that are already in my house or way cheap to buy. Is it just because Mr. Clean was so Awesome that we just decided to pay for instead of making it? Guess what Vinegar and oranges do an excellent job. And that horrible stainless steel cleaner that is so greasy….yep you can make one yourself that isn’t greasy. Oh what a sad day this was when I realized so many things at once.
4. I am a fan of this one really. Apps are helpful. I recently learned about checkout 51. This is an app that you download to your phone and it will shown you extra coupons that you can redeem on your phone. You just buy your regular groceries and if any of the items are on your receipt, you scan it with the app and they credit the coupon to your account. When you reach 20 dollars they send you a check! How can you go wrong. They usually have things like milk, eggs, bread, cereal and many other things. It updates every week or so giving you different options.
5. Consignment stores!! I have an excellent consignment store right around the corner from my house. The clothes there are amazing. I can go in and find 8 slim for my daughter for 5 dollars! I can’t even get them at that price at Wal-Mart or Goodwill. I also sell clothes from my girls there and just got my first check from them for 23.00. That money does not go towards groceries or spend money that money goes in the girls savings accounts. Look at that every little bit goes a long way.
I am sure that there are going to be many other DUH moments that I experience through life but it is a little upsetting when you realize you have been wasting money. On my blog you will find some of the recipes i have mentioned above also. So here you go…if you haven’t learned these things congratulations on your new DUH moment 🙂 Enjoy